SAFER: Top tips to keep you and your belonging safe this winter
As the nights are drawing in, its a good time to think about simple ways you can keep yourself and your belonging safe from criminals.
The Met Police provides great information and tips, including:
- Keep your valuables, including your mobile, hidden from view.
- When walking on the pavement, try to walk against the flow of traffic. This helps you spot anyone on bikes coming towards you.
- Make a plan. If you’re going out, think ahead about how you’re going to travel home. Pre-book a taxi.
- Carry bags in front of you or diagonally across your chest.
- Keep a list of contact numbers for family and friends separate from your wallet or phone.
For more go to – http://www.met.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/violence/stay-safe/