Stay safe and crime-free this winter
As the holiday season approaches, it’s essential to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community and businesses. Here are some safety tips from our Business Crime Manager Gerry Morgan for you to consider:
- Double-check your security systems and cameras to ensure they are in proper working order. Consider additional security measures if necessary.
- Ensure your property and storefront are well-lit, creating a safer environment for customers and employees during the darker winter evenings.
- If you decorate your business for the holidays, make sure to follow fire safety guidelines. Avoid overloading electrical circuits and check your fire extinguishers are up-to-date.
- Keep parking areas well-lit and regularly monitored for any suspicious activity.
- For those with an online presence, be extra cautious as cyberattacks tend to increase during the holiday season. Make sure your website and online transactions are secure.
- Have a list of emergency contacts readily available for your staff, and ensure staff know what to do during an emergency and how to get help from the emergency services.
- Stay vigilant and report any unusual or suspicious activity promptly.