Holloway Road & rail closures this winter
A three-week closure of Holloway Road may affect your deliveries and staff journeys to and from work this holiday period from Monday 18 December to Monday 8 January 2018.
London Overground services through Highbury & Islington station will also be closed for eight days. More details here
Customers, suppliers and staff will be able to access shops and businesses in this area at all times. However, journey times are likely to increase and your suppliers may need to follow a diversion route to make deliveries.
The closures are necessary to demolish and start rebuilding the final section of Highbury Corner Bridge which carries the A1 Holloway Road over the London Overground lines at Highbury & Islington station.
Holloway Road will be closed in both directions between Digswell Street and Highbury Corner roundabout from 1am on Monday 18 December 2017 until 4am on Monday 8 January 2018.
The London Overground lines through Highbury & Islington will be closed between 23 and 30 December, and at weekends until mid-February. Tube and National Rail services will be unaffected. Pedestrians will be able to access Highbury & Islington station, and local shops and businesses, and emergency access will be maintained.
You can reduce the impact on your business by planning ahead
- Tell your suppliers and delivery drivers about the closures. They can plan their journeys at tfl.gov.uk
- Talk to your suppliers about reducing the number of trips to your premises
- Consider changing the times of your deliveries; delivering at quieter times such as overnight and at weekends may save time and money
- Explore alternative options. For example, some businesses find that deliveries by foot or bike work well
- Make sure your staff plan their journeys to and from work in advance
- Sign up for the TfL Road Freight Bulletin, which includes information and advice on issues impacting deliveries in London, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Buses – temporary changes will apply to bus routes 43, 263, 271, 277, 393 and N41. Visit tfl.gov.uk/highbury-corner for more information. For live bus service information visit tfl.gov.uk/bus/status or follow @TfLBusAlerts on Twitter.
Cyclists – there will be no access for cyclists from Highbury Corner roundabout to Holloway Road, or from Highbury Place to the roundabout. Alternative routes will be signed. Cyclists should use these routes to avoid the works.
Highbury & Islington station – will be open as usual, however changes will apply to London Overground services from 23 to 30 December
- No East London line between Highbury & Islington and Dalston Junction
- No North London line between Camden Road and Stratford London Overground services will also be affected at weekends until mid-February 2018. For alternative routes visit tfl.gov.uk London
- Underground and National Rail services will not be affected during these works.
And if you’re wondering what they mean by ‘bridge’ at Highbury Corner (where is it?) – there’s an excellent video if you scroll down to the bottom of this page on the TfL website