COVID-19: Get ready for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme as at 14.04.20
14 April 2020
HMRC has published a list of things businesses can do NOW to prepare to make a claim under the Coronavirus Staff Retention Scheme
- To submit a claim under the Coronavirus Staff Retention Scheme businesses need to provide the following:
- The bank account number and sort code you’d like HMRC to use when they pay your claim.
- The name and phone number of the person in your business for HMRC to call with any questions.
- Your Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
- The name, employee number and National Insurance number for each of your furloughed employees.
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
If you use an agent who is authorised to act for you for PAYE purposes, they will be able to make a claim on your behalf, so please speak to them now to confirm that they know what information is needed.
However, if you use a file-only agent (files your RTI return but doesn’t act for you in other matters), they won’t be able to make a claim for you and you’ll need the information listed above from them to make the claim yourself.
NOTE – HMRC has indicated that the online system for claims will be available by the end of April.
If you have become guidance ‘blind’ from reading so many documents, you may also find this recorded webinar helpful, ‘Coronavirus (COVID-19) Job Retention Scheme’, available on HMRC’s YouTube channel here: