Angel BID Renewal 2022-27 – Declaration of Result
21 October 2021
Civica Election Services (formerly Electoral Reform Services), the independent body appointed by Islington Council to administer the ballot for the renewal of the Angel Business Improvement District, has confirmed the results of the ballot for the renewal of the Angel Business Improvement District for a fourth term running from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2027 as such:
- Total number of votes cast = 226
- Total ballot papers rejected (unsigned, unmarked or void for uncertainty) = 3
- Total number of votes cast in favour of the continuation of the Angel BID = 203 (89.82%)
- Aggregate rateable value of hereditaments in relation to valid votes cast = £31,732,000
- Aggregate rateable value of hereditaments of the votes cast in favour of the continuation of the Angel BID = £29,896,500 (94.22%)
In respect of the above figures, the renewal of the Angel Business Improvement District for a fourth term running from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2027 is approved.
A message from Christine Lovett, Chief Executive, angel.london
“We would like to thank all of the businesses that voted in the ballot for the re-election of the Angel Business Improvement District.
We are delighted and honoured that local businesses have shown continued faith in the Angel Business Improvement District and the work that we undertake on behalf of our members.
The resounding YES vote means that we can continue to deliver the projects and services that are most valued by our businesses over the coming five years.
The last 18 months have been the hardest faced by businesses in living memory. The Angel business community has recognised the value of angel.london and ensured that the Angel continues to flourish and thrive.
The current business community has a long-term commitment to the Angel and therefore want their BID to have a major say in how the area continues to develop.
We will now work with our Board of Directors and strategic partners to deliver on our Renewal Proposal over the coming term.”