Angel flooding – water main replacement travel update
Brace yourselves! Islington High Street is closed southbound due to the Thames Water works. The following changes will run from August 16 to the end of October.
- All southbound lanes will be closed from the lights before Angel tube to the City Road junction
- Only one lane will be open from Angel junction for northbound traffic
- One lane closure southbound between Islington Green and Liverpool Road
- Southbound traffic – including buses – will be diverted up Liverpool Road
- Buses 476 and 30 will serve the Angel from Stoke Newington and Hackney. There will be a shuttle bus replacing buses from Holloway Road. All other bus routes will change.
- Essex Road and Islington Green will re-open
More details from Thames themselves.
Keep checking our website for detailed bus diversions angel.london
Highbury Corner bridge works
Anyone looking for respite from the traffic chaos will have to wait til 2018 until TfL have replaced the bridge that runs under the roundabout…. updates at tfl.gov.uk/highbury-corner
And if you’re wondering what they mean by ‘bridge’ at Highbury Corner (where is it?) – there’s an excellent video if you scroll down to the bottom of the TfL page (above).For more information, visit thameswater.co.uk/upperstreet